Supralympic Runners - O tej grze
Supralympic Runners is a first-person competition-focused endless runner
You play an heavily fitted athletic champion, like you've never seen before in sport. But nerves of steel are highly required to compete for the worldwide leading position!
THE SUPRALYMPIC WORLD
Several hundred years after the technological revolution
, the Supralympic Games became the world's foremost sports competition. They reflect the values and human aspirations of a sunless future.
You were born during the reign of manufactured products, long after the replacement of nature wherever it could be replaced. You even left your flesh body for the promise of technological eternity.
But while you could experience an infinity of forms, you embraced the life of a supralympian athlete. You have been training over and over to master and improve this high-tech body. In the hope that one day the Supralympic champion’s title
will be yours…
- Rocket-powered running: run over 60 mph thanks to your back thruster.
- Dash: break through obstacles thanks to your rocket-shield.
- Bullet-time: experience the world in slow-motion thanks to your chronostaser.
- Brakes: slow down, and recycle kinetic energy to get back some dash power!
- A progression system: XP and Uracoins earned based on your running results.
- Workshop: spend Uracoins to customise your runner with armor pieces, back-thrusters and other advanced technologies.
- Athlete edition: choose the planet and nation you run for, and honor them by defeating others!
- 3 competition scales: national, international and interplanetary.
- 3 difficulty levels: rookie, pro, elite.
Run as far as you can, avoid obstacles and hurry up while the Stungate
is still open !
What the hell is a Stungate
? It's a gate kept by a giant compressor! It's 50,000 tons of tungsten-titanium
waiting to fall upon your head if you are late!
Let's say you get through, what then?
If you manage to cross 5 Stungates
, you complete a stage. You have a few seconds of respite during which you can take a look at the cityscape. But don't relax too much, each completed stage means a new deadly obstacle into the death row!
- 10 types of deadly obstacles to spell the end of each and every round.
- 8 types of collectable bonus to get extra-backing.
- 3 ranges of armor kits to push the deadline back.
There are many ways to terminate your running in Supralympic Runners, but none is happy...
You could end up ROASTED
by electric shocks, DISSOLVED
into the slime, MELTED
by lava, SLICED
by lasers, SMASHED
against walls, CRUSHED
by compressors, FALLEN
into the depths or PURGED
No one will be spared…
- Procedural generation of race tracks: theoretically infinite.
- Environment dynamic evolution: 3 biomes of corridors and cityscapes.
- Adaptative music: good waves to suit tension of the game.
- Physic-based velocity: thrust of rocket, thrust of legs, mass and air drag matters.
- Physic-based collisions: hold tight, make it or break it!
DETAILED CORE GAMEPLAY
Since you seem interested, let’s see under the hood...
Unlike many endless runners
you can manage your running speed thanks to your back thruster. This speed is driven with physic-based parameters : thrust
of motor and legs and body drag
Indeed it’s not an automatic-forward but a minimal-forward mechanic
forcing you to run.
The runway has no railroads
. It means that you can freely and continuously move laterally
between bounding walls.
Also, the runner lateral speed is non-linearly affected by its forward speed, it means the fastest you run forward, the slowest you run laterally, following a specific curve.
Well you can obviously jump
, but we took care to improve the vertical mobility of the runner : vertical speed is not only driven by gravity
but also by motor thrust
. This means you have the ability not only to sustain jumps but also to dive lightning-fast into the ground.
You can dash forward
making your runner invulnerable to minor damages during the thrust.
You can also experience the world in slow motion
, thanks to the chronostaser
that comes within your running avatar.
Because of the fine control considerations above, the collisions are physic-based
. The game accurately detect them based on each body part colliders of your runner.